Sunday, June 7, 2009
We enjoyed the Renaissance Faire at Lake Tahoe this weekend. It was wonderful. We were some of the few who were not in costume - though they did rent costumes to wear, we did not participate that fully! The big kids received "dragon tears" (aka colored stones) from two different women and Michael and I had a blessing bestowed upon us. I think the kids were a little young to truly enjoy it. They shied away from most of the people and had no interest in sitting for a puppet show since the comedy beyond them. They did enjoy the opera singing women which suprised me and would have enjoyed the joust had it not been nap time and we were already heading out. We did stop for a couple minutes to watch them! Lauren kept wanting to stop and look at all the jewelry - how on earth did I end up with a shopper, since it's my least favorite thing to do??? Most of all though we decided Tahoe was beautiful and it definitely renewed our determination that we will camp there - hopefully this summer. The fact that we couldn't keep Ian reined in though got us a little worried about camping... he's in that, "I am a 2 year old, I'll do what I want, chase me," stage!
Here's a link to the festival's website - turn your speakers down or mute them though, if you don't want to be blasted! http://www.valhallafaire.com/. The pictures are the queen and her court, Lauren and her new flower garland, Ian and his new Pirannah puppet and the view as we drove home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wow, we have wanted to do this several years in a row and always miss it for one reason or another. After reading your post we will definitly try to get it on the calendar early next year...and guess we'd better get costumes.
ReplyDelete