Monday, July 20, 2009

Keeping cool in 100+ degrees

What do you do when Daddy's away for the weekend and it's STILL 100+ degrees? Fill up the baby pool with cold hose water and freeze yourself! I must admit they only played for a half an hour, then the water got warm and Ripley was the only one who would go in. But, then they used their cups to water the corn, the strawberries, the herbs, the lemon trees, the squash, the tomatoes, the pumpkins, the watermelons, the egg plants, the beans... not sure what else dad has planted... but they watered it! I still say something is a little wacky, we had a pool in Chicago, we had a pool in Boston, but in HOT California.... we're requisitioning Ripley's pool to keep the kids cool!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a bad friend never emailing you back! Those kids are beautiful and growing too fast! I'm endlessly envious of your gorgeous backdrops - the kids must love all that nature and great weather. -promise I'll be in touch soon-

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete